Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK Day 2010

I just want to mention in this blog about the sacrifice that Martin Luther King extended to people like me. I am a young person who has studied history enough to know that there are some figures more important to the history of man. He not only sacrificed often from his family but for the sake of the future of young African American men such as myself. I am greatly appreciative. I feel a certain sense of responsibility to MLK and others in his lineage to carry myself with respect and dignity. Not to be abusive or destructive. But to be responsible and a person of integrity. I cannot allow myself to be the typical black young man or to fall into the hands of the depraved society. Black young men as a whole are too often stereotyped as irresponsible, disrespectful to women, angry, and destructive. I just want to be the alternative and the solution to the ails of society. I thank Dr. King for his sacrifice and others like him and there is a legacy that has to be passed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment